The Daily Post

Daily Village Chatter

What is going on in your village this morning? Are there potluck dinners for village events? Have nearby trails opened again after storms? Our Post Pages are safe. Civil discussion is the rule.

Comments Box SVG iconsUsed for the like, share, comment, and reaction icons

Facebook Posts

4 weeks ago

Greg Moore

Joe Qatugrauluk Field of Noorvik at the annual Trade Fair in Kotzebue. Date uncertain. ... See MoreSee Less

Joe Qatugrauluk Field of Noorvik at the annual Trade Fair in Kotzebue.  Date uncertain.

Comment on Facebook

Popa Joe Field. No s at the end. Qatugrauluk.

4 weeks ago

Greg Moore

Nellie Moore with Native journalist Richard LaCourse and Menominee - Stockbridge-Munsee actress Sheila Tousey, (Maggie Eagle Bear in Thunderheart). Photo taken at the 2000 Native American Journalist Association (NAJA) annual meeting in Florida. ... See MoreSee Less

Comment on Facebook

OMG what a hottie! That Tousey gal is pretty good looking too. That's my cuz Nellie!

1 month ago

Ben Ailuk Gregg holding his namesake Dylan Ailuk Moore. ... See MoreSee Less

Ben Ailuk Gregg holding his namesake Dylan Ailuk Moore.

Comment on Facebook

My Uncle Ben.

My uncle Ben

1 month ago

Greg Moore

On the website First People News, you will find 15 pages of news, including 5 post pages (blogs). You are invited to comment on the post pages. The only rule is civility. Nellie Moore is the moderator. This young website reaches Alaska, Canada, and the lower 48 states. ... See MoreSee Less

1 month ago

Greg Moore

Biography, Courtesy Iditarod Race Records.
Chuck Schaeffer, 60, was born and raised in Kotzebue,, Alaska. He began mushing in 1980, when his brother-in-law, Iditarod veteran, Roger Nordlum, started racing dogs. He says, “I have been driving dogs forever. I sold out my kennel in 1991. Then I met my wife, Tracey, and we slowly started building another kennel. I took some of my old breed and bred them into the Iten and Seavey lines, and now after 10 long years, I have enough dogs to run some races. I ran the Iditarod in 1985 and didn’t finish because of a race rule, and then tried it again in 1991 and dropped out in McGrath because of illness. This time I’m really ready to finish this thing.” He has run the K-400 a number of times as well as other mid distance races. Chuck served in the US Army from 1972 to 1975. He says he has been a commercial fisherman and worked in construction “a long time.” Chuck moved with his family to Willow three years ago because of “money and the environment.” Chuck says his hobbies are hunting and fishing. He and Tracey are the parents on one daughter, Bailey, 14.
... See MoreSee Less

Biography, Courtesy Iditarod Race Records.

2 months ago

Greg Moore

Elder Alvira Downey demonstrating traditional yo-yo's to Polly Schaeffer's students at the Nikaitchuat Tribal School in Kotzebue in 2004. ... See MoreSee Less

Elder Alvira Downey demonstrating traditional yo-yos to Polly Schaeffers students at the Nikaitchuat Tribal School in Kotzebue in 2004.

Comment on Facebook

Maybe 2004? I see n my little girl, she wasn’t 6 at the time

Mesmerized students by Alik! She was showing them how to work the yo-yo. Taikuu fir sharing Gregg!

Can I share?

I miss her

Cathy Jones I see Noah

View more comments

2 months ago

Greg Moore

Summer 2006, Ward and Gregg family reunion in Kotzebue. Please post your family gatherings. ... See MoreSee Less

Comment on Facebook

Such a nice pic! What a large family, good to see everyone 👍🏼

2 months ago

Greg Moore

Dennis Hoffman's camera skills are incredible. Dennis, perhaps you could identify this place. It looks like the Inside Passage. Thank you! ... See MoreSee Less

Dennis Hoffmans camera skills are incredible.  Dennis, perhaps you could identify this place. It looks like the Inside Passage. Thank you!

Comment on Facebook

Good guess....just inside from queen Charlotte going south....

2 months ago

Greg Moore

Just wanted to send out a big "Thank You" to Maija Katak Luken in Kotzebue for her work in organizing local donors of hand-made virus face masks. ... See MoreSee Less

2 months ago

Greg Moore

Welcome to new First People News Group members Mary Gibson, Polly Schaeffer, and Diane Campbell. Looking forward to your posts. ... See MoreSee Less

2 months ago

Greg Moore

Sent 10 invites to join the First People News Group. When you accept the invitation, then you can use the following instructions for Posting to a Group. Posting to a Group is like posting to your own FB page. More invites will follow.
(https://facebook.com/help/232426073439303/…)
... See MoreSee Less

2 months ago

Greg Moore

Della Keats, healer, and Ada Ward, nurse, in front of Della's house in Kotzebue about 1960. ... See MoreSee Less

Della Keats, healer, and Ada Ward, nurse, in front of Dellas house in Kotzebue about 1960.

Comment on Facebook

No kidding so good to see the both of them

Yes, and it is nerve-wracking Polly.

Sure need their wisdom now!

2 months ago

Greg Moore

Nellie Moore interviewing Governor Jay Hammond at the Kotzebue airport in 1976. ... See MoreSee Less

Nellie Moore interviewing Governor Jay Hammond at the Kotzebue airport in 1976.

Comment on Facebook

Aaningnaa Nellie so cute

Cousin Irriqtaq you look cool .

2 months ago

Greg Moore

Welcome to new friends William McClintock and Beeps Luther. This the Business Facebook Page, which shares posts with the web page First People News on its Daily Post. Our mission is to provide culturally accurate news "From the Villages to You." ... See MoreSee Less

Load more